Ridgetop Research is the US based expert network, one of the stronger mid-tier players within the US market.
They are active in both custom interview recruiting and surveys / panels.
General Expert Network Services
If you’ve been contacted by an expert network like RidgeTop Research, chances are you’re an industry expert in your field, and they want to bring you in as a consultant.
Now what does this mean? Like an independent consultant, you as a subject matter expert will be advising clients such as investment management companies, institutional investors (hedge funds), or even other management consulting firms. They likely want to know some insider information on your industry, to supplement their primary research in making big financial decisions.
If invited to an expert consultation, there are some key things to keep in mind. You are an advisor for your client, with a high level of expertise. While the consultant or investor you are talking to will be smart, they may not know very much about your particular industry. The reason they reached out to an expert network service like RidgeTop was to gain that expertise, and your job is to give it to them- efficiently.
Another major thing to keep in mind is compliance. Especially if you still have a primary job, there is likely confidential information you are privy to that should not be shared. If you are dealing with publicly traded companies, you want to be careful about what you share in order to stay in compliance with insider trading regulations.
Setting Expert Network Rates
If you’re wondering how to set a RidgeTop Research consulting rate, it should remain about consistent with the rates you would charge other expert network services. An expert consultation with RidgeTop is very similar to those of other firms we have reviewed, and the consulting rates you set are more related to your level of expertise and the amount of information you have to offer your clients than anything else.
For Guidance on Setting Consulting Rates for expert interviews, check out our main expert network article.
Raise Your Profile – Other Expert Networks (Signup Links)
If you’re interested in raising your profile as an expert, run through the list below and sign up for the networks which are relevant to your skills and geography.
- AlphaSights (Check out our Review here, Top 5 Global Expert Network)
- GLG – Top 5 Global Expert Network
- Dialectica – Leading European Expert Network
- Emissary.io (Expert Network Helping Sales Executives)
- ProSapient – Strong European Expert Network
- Third Bridge – Top 5 Global Expert Network
- GuidePoint – Top 5 Global Expert Network
- Atheneum Partners – European Network that went global
- Axon Advisors – Medium Sized US based Network
- BCC Global – Chinese / Emerging Markets Focused
- Business Talent Group – Management Consulting Engagements
- Candour – Expert Network focused on the Energy Sector
- Capvision – Expert Network Serving China
- Clarity – Pay per Minute Phone Calls for Entrepreneurs
- ENG – US Based Expert Network Serving Investors
- Experfy – US Based, Data Science Focused (Project Board)
- ExpertConnect – US Based Expert Network
- Experts Council – International Expert Network
- LYNK – Global Expert Network (Founded in Asia, Expanded)
- Magellan Research – US Based Expert Network Serving Investors
- Maven Research – US Based Expert Network
- Mosaic Research – US Based Expert Network
- Noble Insights – US Based Expert Network
- OnFrontiers – US Based Expert Network
- Primary Insight – US Based Expert Network
- RidgeTop Research – US Based Expert Network
- Slingshot – US Based Expert Network (group calls)
- Tegus – US Based Expert Network
- Zintro – US Based Expert Network (project board)
- Deep Bench – US Based Expert Network
- Expert Engine – US Based Expert Network
- The Network of Experts / Greenwood Research (US)
Do you work for RidgeTop Research? Work with RidgeTop Research?
Drop us a line and share your perspective on their services!
Contact us at editor-at-highestpayinggigs.com