Tegus is a buy side investor focused expert network in the US. Calling themselves “The Buy Side’s Leading Primary Research Platform,” Tegus is a growing platform used by investors to get a comprehensive knowledge base of an industry- efficiently.
Like most expert network services, Tegus recruits subject matter experts in a variety of industries, bringing them together to create a massive database for investors. They are focused on efficiency, looking to optimize the primary research phase for institutional investors, and “accelerate the path to insight.”
Some expert networks offer services to independent consultants or management consulting firms, but Tegus appears to be exclusively geared towards investors and hedge funds. While this may slightly limit the range of industries Tegus recruits in. it potentially increases the ceiling for consulting rates.
What Does A Call Look Like?
Expert consultations through Tegus are generally short, 45 minutes to an hour, though they do offer opportunities for longer-term relationships with specific clients.
Tegus puts a lot of stress on compliance with insider trading regulations, and avoiding confidential information. Since you will be working with investors, hedge funds, and publicly traded companies, Tegus has strict guidelines to maintain compliance with those regulations. Tegus experts often meet with clients anonymously, not knowing who the client is or what company they represent during or after the expert interviews.
Tegus offers compliance training for these matters, so that their industry experts and advisors can provide good insight without putting either Tegus or the investment management firms at risk.
You’re a subject matter expert now, and expert network services like Tegus are going to come knocking. Your insight and expertise in your industry are valuable, and many companies will be eager for access to it. Doing your research on the many expert network firms can help you decide what is right for you, and you will become an extremely successful advisor.
Information about becoming an adviser is contained within their FAQ.
For Guidance on Setting Consulting Rates, check out our main expert network article.
We hope this expert network review was helpful, and congratulate you on your newfound status as an industry expert! High-end clients and high-level rates await you!
Raise Your Profile – Other Expert Networks
If you’re interested in raising your profile as an expert, run through the reviews below and sign up for the networks which are relevant to your skills and geography.
- AlphaSights (Check out our Review here, Top 5 Global Expert Network)
- GLG – Top 5 Global Expert Network
- Dialectica – Leading European Expert Network
- Emissary.io (Expert Network Helping Sales Executives)
- ProSapient – Strong European Expert Network
- Third Bridge – Top 5 Global Expert Network
- GuidePoint – Top 5 Global Expert Network
- Atheneum Partners – European Network that went global
- Axon Advisors – Medium Sized US based Network
- BCC Global – Chinese / Emerging Markets Focused
- Business Talent Group – Management Consulting Engagements
- Candour – Expert Network focused on the Energy Sector
- Capvision – Expert Network Serving China
- Clarity – Pay per Minute Phone Calls for Entrepreneurs
- ENG – US Based Expert Network Serving Investors
- Experfy – US Based, Data Science Focused (Project Board)
- ExpertConnect – US Based Expert Network
- Experts Council – International Expert Network
- LYNK – Global Expert Network (Founded in Asia, Expanded)
- Magellan Research – US Based Expert Network Serving Investors
- Maven Research – US Based Expert Network
- Mosaic Research – US Based Expert Network
- Noble Insights – US Based Expert Network
- OnFrontiers – US Based Expert Network
- Primary Insight – US Based Expert Network
- RidgeTop Research – US Based Expert Network
- Slingshot – US Based Expert Network (group calls)
- Tegus – US Based Expert Network
- Zintro – US Based Expert Network (project board)
- Deep Bench – US Based Expert Network
- Expert Engine – US Based Expert Network
- The Network of Experts / Greenwood Research (US)
Do you work for Tegus? Work with Tegus?
Drop us a line and share your perspective on their services!
Contact us at editor-at-highestpayinggigs.com